The firm’s services are customized for each project, specialized for the current needs of each tenant. Its involvement might range from a few hours of consulting time on an office lease renewal to representation of a 100,000 square foot user over several years.
Services include (office, medical, retail, industrial, warehouse/manufacturing):
- Market Surveys and Site Selection
- Negotiation of Key Lease Terms and Conditions
- Preparation of Request for Proposals (R.F.P.’s)
- Selection of Architects, and Contractors
- Acquisition and Disposition of Real Estate Assets
- Operating Cost & Tax Review/Audit
- Detailed Financial Analysis (Lease vs. Own)
More Than Just Rent
Annual Base Rent is significant but only a part of the lease. BAI specializes in negotiating other lease terms that can be just as valuable to the bottom line.
• Cancellation and Renewal Options
• Expansion and Contraction Options
• Evaluation of Measurement Standards
• Tax and Operating Cost Allocations/Caps
• Free Rent and Construction Allowances
• Moving, Cabling and AE Allowances
• Parking, Signage, Storage and Roof Rights
BAI works closely with their client’s real estate attorney during the lease documentation phase. Key items which are further negotiated during lease review include: assignment and subletting, use clause, landlord default, code requirements, repairs and maintenance, security deposit, letter of credit, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, construction and property management fees, surrender and holdover provisions, insurance, cleaning and after hours HVAC, etc.